Sunday, September 23, 2018

DAY ONE AT ONTARIO'S 8TH ANNUAL ROUTE 66 CRUISIN REUNION 9/21/2018

Two fun filled days full of exciting live bands, and classic music straight from radio stations Kola 99.9 & 95.5 KLOS, 2 Southern California mainstays that have been around as long as some of the cars I saw at Fridays car show event.

You can enlarge all the pictures by clicking on them.
 
Just a side note, I have been covering the Route 66 Cruisin Reunion now for 3 years in a row. The name of my blog has changed a little, but for the better since I mostly cover local car shows in the Inland Empire.
There were plenty of food vendors at this years event. They even had a Beer Garden. I want to thank the Greater Ontario California Convention & Visitors Bureau  for putting on this years show.
So! What kind of cars are you Guys and Gals into? What strikes your fancy?
Well I like the antique cars, older than 1920. I was happy to actually find someone who had his 1914 Buick there. Don't get me wrong, an original 1936 Packard is nice too, or a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS.
As I approached Euclid starting off of F Street, The first car I saw was a 1972 orange Chevy Camaro.

 
As I made my way north on Euclid there was a bandstand on the center median. There were kids singing and playing acoustic guitars from Rock Stars of Tomorrow. It was really great to see a variety of things for the family to do and enjoy. I have to say there were a lot of Cuda's at the show this year, All showing off their HEMI engines.

 
The Ontario Fire Department was out raising money for Muscular Dystrophy. I believe the Mustang was a 1970?
People come from as close as Arizona and as far as Australia to bring their pride and joy.
I know you want me to stop rambling and start showing off the cars, trucks, low riders, and more. Okay but first I have to mention the entertainment. Over at the Ovitt Library Plaza you may of seen them... Splash Dogs - Jumping Dog Show. Sorry I missed it, as I got caught up talking and taking pictures of all the cars, and later Friday night at the Ontario Town Square, Bluffett- a Jimmy Buffett Tribute band was on stage.  Now the moment you have been waiting for! Remember, these are just the cars that were showing up between 5-8 pm as I had to leave. Don't worry there is a Part Two. So Please like, Share and Follow my blog.
If you want to see the pictures larger, just click the pictures.
                     
 
 
 
 








This was his 1966 Pontiac



A new item added this year. They started allowing cars and vans from 1987.


1966 Ford 2 Dr.


This bug  has a 1950 Pan


1962 undercarriage




I was hoping my camera would have picked up this unique red sparkle with hints of a black crackle finish. He told me they laid foil over the red paint then painted the black on and removed the foil. check it out.










The Army is in town!!


Wondering if that gun was real... This was a AMC armored transport.


The Amphibian car was seen on a old segment of Huell Howser's California's Gold television series
I was up by one of our favorite restaurants, The Iron Skillet. Love their food1 Large servings and free dessert. Low prices.









As I was taking pictures, I was handing out my blog card, so you all could find me, and of course me being a guy, was looking for the guys who owned these beautiful cars. I saw a group of young ladies sitting in a circle behind the Cuda, Trans Am  and what I call a tribute to the Bandit, a 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. Sorry guys it was gold. I liked the license plate as I am a Disney fan "Mufasa".  The ladies who took my cards were super nice. They said their husbands were out looking at the other cars.




 






 

                                   More Rock Stars of Tomorrow







Wow! time for a break, need a beer, some grub and a piece of Ironworks.














How about some FORD Muscle.


I want to thank the Ontario Police Department for keeping the peace once again.



Nice 1960 Cadillac


                   Ooh!! Coffee!! or Shaved Ice.. Too many choices.




 
This  Ranchero is for sale see pics below.
 











This reminded me of American Graffiti


 

Thanks for your help!!


L@@k its Joe Bolin's New car.




If you love Mexican food then you need to come to Gloria's




Hmm.. This looks familiar... like my card.

 Remember I had mentioned that 1914 Buick? Well here it is!! 104 years old and still runs strong.


 
So there you have it, this first day took me about 2 hours to go through, and I didn't even make it to Holt. Friday was a blast. Please be sure to follow my blog. Please share it with your friends. I will be posting day 2 tomorrow. so, if you didn't see your car on this one, you will probably see it on tomorrows blog.
I hope you enjoyed the blog, please leave me comments if you like.
I want to thank my wife on helping me on the blog.







2 comments:

Sharp Shooter said...

Nice event coverage! Outside of the morning mess where 1000 cars weren't allowed to enter because of an unknown delay that jammed up Holt and the surrounding neighborhoods, the event was awesome! The turnout was huge for both car and spectator turn out. The music was awesome and and as always the cruising was a blast! See ya next year!

etickettotomorrowland said...

I'm Sorry, I did not know that there was a problem on holt with the backup of cars waiting to get in. Thanks for checking out my blog. Part two will be posted later today. There is another Car show coming up in Ontario Nov. 3rd, Ill probably be at that one as well. It is called Guns and Hoses. Put on by the Ontario Fire Dept. and Ontario Police. I will post more on the blog.And Yes I'll See you next year. :) Thanks for Following my blog.